Google’s latest update, Chromium 104, here. Assuming you have a file Surprisingly generous system requirementsYou can update your browser today to take advantage of New features and changes. The biggest UI changes are for Chromebook users using Chrome OS, but All Chrome users will benefit from the security patches.
The new Chrome update comes with 27 security patches
The most important reason to update Google Chrome is to install the 27 security patch that comes with it. To be clear, Security Mode doesn’t say: According to the Google Chrome Releases blogNone of the 27 vulnerabilities patched with Chrome 104 are “zero-day,” meaning there is no evidence that the vulnerabilities have been exploited by malicious users in the wild. If you are using Chrome 103 today, it is very unlikely that you will be targeted by one of these vulnerabilities. However, these 27 exploits are now known to the public and it’s only a matter of time before bad actors figure out how to use them against users who don’t have Chrome 104.
In addition, seven of these defects are rated “high,” which means they pose more of a threat than others. Here is the full list, with the “high” weaknesses at the top:
- [$15000] high CVE-2022-2603: Use it free in the omnibox. Reported by Anonymous on May 16-2022
- [$10000] high CVE-2022-2604: Free to use for Safe Browsing. Reported by Nan Wang (@ eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 06-10 2022
- [$7000] high CVE-2022-2605: A reading out of bounds in Dawn. Reported by Lubin Yang on 06-22-2022
- [$5000] high CVE-2022-2606: Use it for free in the Managed Devices API. Reported by Nan Wang (@ eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 05-31-2022
- [$3000] high CVE-2022-2607: Use it for free in the tab bar. Reported by @ginggilBesel on 01-11-2022
- [$3000] high CVE-2022-2608: Use it free in Overview mode. Narrated by Khalil Zani on 06-01-2022
- [$TBD] high CVE-2022-2609: Use it for free in a nearby post. Reported by koocola (@alo_cook) and Guang Gong from 360 Institute for Vulnerability Research on 06-22-2022
- [$8000] Medium CVE-2022-2610: Insufficient background fetch policy enforcement. Narrated by Maurice Dower on 12-09-2021
- [$5000] Intermediate CVE-2022-2611: Inappropriate implementation in the Fullscreen API. Transmitted by Irfan Kurniawan (Source 7) on 04-28-2022
- [$5000] Intermediate CVE-2022-2612: Side channel information leak in keyboard input. Reported by Eric Kraft (email@example.com), Martin Schwarzl (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 04-30-20
- [$5000] Medium CVE-2022-2613: Use it free for entry. Posted by Piotr Tworek (Vewd) on 05-13-2022
- [$5000] Medium CVE-2022-2614: Use it after free login flow. Reported by a crow in the KunLun Laboratory on 07-05-2022
- [$4000] CVE-2022-2615 mean: Insufficient policy enforcement in cookies. Narrated by Maurice Doer on 10/11/2021
- [$3000] Intermediate CVE-2022-2616: Inappropriate implementation in the Plugins API. Posted by Alessandro Ortiz on 03-02-2022
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2022-2617: Use it for free in the Plugins API. Reported by @ginggilBesel on 01-31-2022
- [$2000] Intermediate CVE-2022-2618: Insufficient validation of untrusted entries in Internals. Narrated by Assenin on 03-21- 2022
- [$2000] Intermediate CVE-2022-2619: Insufficient validation of untrusted entry in Settings. Transmitted by Oliver Dunk on 06-04-2020
- [$2000] Average CVE-2022-2620: Use it for free in WebUI. Reported by Nan Wang (@ eternalsakura13) and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 06-17 2022
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-2621: Use it for free in plugins. Reported by Huyna at Viettel Cyber Security on 05-07-2022
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-2622: Insufficient validation of untrusted entry in Safe Browsing. Reporting by Imre Rad (@ImreRad) and @j00sean on 06-03-2022
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2022-2623: Use it for free offline. Reported by Raven at Kun Lun Lab 06-20-2022
- [$TBD] CVE-2022-2624 mean: PDF buffer overflow. Reported by YU-CHANG CHEN and CHIH-YEN CHANG, working with DEVCORE internship program on 06-27-2022
However, it is not about security updates, According to How-To Geek. Here’s what else you can expect when you upgrade to Chrome 104 (bonus points if you have a Chromebook).
Chrome OS officially supports light and dark mode
The dark mode is the most in any program The required feature, which is now available in Chrome OS. With the latest update, Google not only officially supports switching between light and dark mode, but now lets you switch between them automatically. I use this feature on my devices, so when the sun starts to set, everything pops up in dark mode.
New Start Menu for Chrome OS
to meAnother cool feature: Chromebooks now have a Windows-like Start menu, dubbed the Productivity Launcher. It comes with a Google search bar and a shortcut to the Assistant. In addition, on the other side of the system tray, you will find the date with a new feature: When you click on it, you will see a large and useful calendar widget.
Share only a specific part of your screen in video recordings
Anyone who regularly shares their screen will appreciate this update: Web application developers can implement a feature called area capture, which now lets users crop an area of your screen for recording or sharing, rather than focusing on an entire window or your entire screen. This feature can help calm oversharing concerns, giving you control over exactly which part of your screen others can see.
Of course, it will be up to developers to implement Region Capture into their services, so you may not see this feature appear right away. IYou areAlthough s are supported by Chrome 104.
LazyEmbeds (limited testing)
Google is also testing a feature called LazyEmbeds, which loads content embed in a website only when it becomes visible on your screen. It’s part of “lazy loading”, where browsers only load site content when the user sees it, rather than loading the entire site and its contents at once. Right now, only 1% of Chrome users will participate in this test, so it’s not fully rolled out in version 104.
New updates for developers
With every new release of Chrome, Google introduces new features to developers. You can find a full list of changes at Google DevTools Blog and the chrome blogmore This video is DevTools 104:
How to update google chrome
LuckilyUpdating Chrome on your computer is easy: click the three dots in the upper right corner of the window, then choose Help > About Google Chrome. Allow Chrome to load for a moment — wThen the update is ready, you can click “Restart”, which will restart the browser with Chrome 104.